We work hard. Enjoy the upcoming Labor Day holiday. We deserve it.
Here are some interesting facts on the American Worker:
- Nearly 15 million Americans are self-employed – about 10% of the total workforce.
- Millennials (18-34) are now the largest generation represented in the labor force.
- Fewer teens have summer jobs. After topping out at over 55% in 1974, that figure was just 32% in 2015.
- More older Americans (65+) are working. Today they represent about 6% of all working Americans, compared to about 3% in 2000.
- Tuesday has the lowest percent of absenteeism (11%) compared to the highest percent on Friday (18%).
- Americans now spend more than 100 hours a year commuting to work.
- The most productive time of the week for an employee is between 10 a.m. and noon on a Tuesday.
- One out of every 7 jobs in America is related to transportation and logistics.
- Logistics jobs are growing at a 22% rate (Bureau of Labor Statistics).