At SalSon, we understand the important role that logistics can play in accomplishing great things. As we prepare to celebrate the Independence of the United States of America, we'd like to share some interesting facts you might not be aware of regarding the formation of our great country:
* A total of fifty-six men from thirteen colonies signed the Declaration of Independence, and pulling it all together posed quite the logistical challenge for our forefathers.
* The Declaration of Independence was first presented to Congress on July 1st, 1776, but wasn't formally approved and adopted until July 4th...and wasn't signed until nearly a month later.
* The first Independence Day celebration occurred on July 8th, 1776. The Liberty Bell was sounded and the people of Philadelphia gathered to hear the reading of the Declaration of Independence.
* The delegation from New York didn't officially support the Declaration until July 9th. When a copy finally reached Continental Army Commander George Washington, he read it from the steps of New York's City Hall, and a celebratory riot ensued.
* Members of Congress finally gathered to sign the official document on August 2nd, 1776, but not everyone was present, so it wasn't until January 1777 that all fifty-six signers put their name on the Declaration of Independence.
As you can see, logistics has always played a key role in our nation's success. At SalSon, we pride ourselves on handling our customers' logistical needs from start to finish, providing comprehensive, first-rate supply chain management to help independent businesses grow and thrive.
Salson Logistics wishes you and your family a Safe and Happy 4th of July!